- Rethymno beach (10 km): The 12 km long sandy main beach of Rethymno, which is the widest and longest beach in Crete, is organized with colorful umbrellas, sun-beds, water sports facilities, etc. Furthermore, along the street on the upper side of the beach, which is ideal for afternoon walks by the sea, you will find lots of shops, tavernas and cafes.
- Episkopi beach (7 km): The sea in this area is regarded to be the cleanest and most beautiful on the North coast. Even in the high summer season, you can easily find a secluded spot on your own or a strip with sun beds and parasols, if that is what you prefer. There are several taverns and beach bars directly on the beach which they all are very popular to the locals and they are quite lively during the week-ends.
- Georgiopouli beach (15 km): With pure sand and clean, shallow waters, Giorgioupolis beach is fully organized with sunbeds, umbrellas, lifeguard and tavernas all around. The highlight of the area is Kournas Lake and the sweet water bursting from various spots on the beach. Do not miss out to have a walk up to Perastikos river, which divides the beach into two. At the point where Perastikos ends up to the sea, the waters are very cool and the vegetation around are unique. Take care of the sea currents and the waves on windy days.
- Panormo village (31 km): This coastal village offers three beaches : The small beach right in front of the settlement's harbour is sandy and ideal for children due to its shallow waters. It is also organized and protected by winds. The second, main beach is also sandy and wind protected with many sun-beds an umbrellas. Finally, the third beach, to the eastern side of the other two, is a small pebbled cove ideal for seclusion and snorkeling.
- Bali beach (41 km): Nestling in the surrounding mountains of the bay of Bali you will find the coastal village of the same name 34 km east of Rethymno. Visitors may choose from which of the small inlets to enjoy bathing at organised sandy beaches. The area offers a large number of tavernas and shops.
On the South coast of the island you can also discover some of Crete’s most amazing natural beaches such as “Schinaria”, “Damnoni”, “Triopetra”, “Agios Pavlos” and "Preveli". The distance to the South coast from the villa is about 40 minutes drive and all the above beaches are located near to Plakias village where you can find shops and many taverns.