Set in almost 5000 sq.m of extensive gardens Villa Chrissi is a semi-detached house with two private swimming pools both indoor and outdoor. All the facilities are high standard throughout offering the perfect holiday "get away".
You will be sure to have an exceptional experience at Villa Chrissi:
- Great location! Close to a large village where you can find shops, and taverns and also close to Rethymno city.
- Close to the best sandy beaches on the North coast such as Episkopi and Georgioupoli beach.
- The outside facilities such as the outdoor kitchen next to the dining area, the gardens, the infinity pool and the lounging areas with their panoramic views will remain unforgettable.
- The convenience of having both indoor and outdoor swimming pools! The indoor pool can be heated with additional fee upon request.
- The layout, having two living room and kitchen areas offers more space and privacy among your own families/groups.
- The villa has a fenced farm with a horse, goats, chickens and a variety of birds. A children’s paradise they will love to play there and interact with the animals.
- A large organized vegetable garden at your dispense.
- Full privacy, as there are not any other houses nearby.
- You will love the owner's hospitality and his help during your holidays. During the summer various traditional Cretan events and celebrations take place in the nearby villages. If you are lucky enough to be here for one of them then you can experience these along with the owner. Further events regarding Cretan tradition are also organized by him at his own hotels (he owns two large hotels in the Rethymno and Kavros area).
It can accommodate 8 people in beds.
The villa has two parts. Entering the villa on the ground floor and proceed to the right part of the building, there is a spacious main open plan area consisting of the living room with a large sofa, a fireplace, indoor dining area and the fully equipped kitchen.
Following the kitchen there is a main bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. The bedroom has a balcony which outstanding views of the sea and mountains can be enjoyed.
On the left part of the house, the ground floor consists of the storeroom, open plan secondary kitchen, dining and living room. Additionally there is a bedroom with double bed and a bathroom.
On the first floor there are 2 more bedrooms that are served by another bathroom. One with a double bed and the other with two single beds.
The villa also has a 35 sq. meters ecological indoor heated swimming pool with view and direct access to the outdoor areas. The pool area has a big glass partition and when opened gives you the impression of being outside next to the outdoor dining area. In this location you can also find gym equipment and a shower.
The beautifully landscaped outdoor area of the villa offers a variety of facilities and spots for relaxation.
More specifically our outdoor facilities include:
- 42 sq. m infinity swimming pool
- Fully equipped barbecue area
- An outdoor kitchen with charcoal barbecue and dining table under a grape vine
- A variety of furnished spots (with sun beds, umbrellas and chairs) for relaxing around the villa
- A small farm with a horse, goats and many species of bird
- Vegetable garden
- Private church
- Parking space
The whole outdoor area is totally private and fenced, offering 100% privacy to our guests.
|Swimming pool (42 sqm)||Fenced|
|Child pool||Sun beds / Umbrellas|
|Charcoal BBQ||Dining table|
|Garden Park||Siting area|
|Vegetable garden||Small farm|
|Satellite HDTV||Fully Air-Conditioned|
|Free WiFi Internet||Fireplace|
|Hairdryer||Iron / Board|
|Fitness equipments||Heated Swimming pool (35 sqm)|
|Fridge / Freezer||4 ring Stove / Oven|
|Filter Coffee machine||Toaster / Kettle / Mixer|
|Complete dishes & utensils||Dining Table|
Rethymno (9 km)
The renaissance town of Rethymno. A historic location where you may find many museums, food and entertainment. (Official website)
Heraklion Airport (92 km)
The Kazantzakis Airport in Heraklion. The biggest airport in Crete serving domestic and international flights. EasyJet has flights to this airport as well. (Official website)
Chania City (55.7 km)
In Chania city you can find everything, and its old venetian harbour worths a visit.
Chania Airport (63 km)
The international airport in Chania is the second largest on the island and has exclusive Ryanair flights. (Official website)
Souda port (47.6 km)
Daily ferries are available from/to the port.
Traditional Tavern (500 m)
There is a traditional tavern which you will be able to taste real traditional Cretan cuisine!
Mini Market (900 m)
There is a mini market in the Gerani village.
Supermarkets (6.6 km)
Lidl and local Supermarkets are available at the Atsipopoulo crossroads, on your way to Rethymno.
Closest Beach (2 km)
There is a beach in Gerani while the sandy beaches of Rethymno and Episkopi are 7 to 10 km away.
Episkopi Beach (7 km)
Episkopi beach is the nearest, largest sandy beach stretching until the village of Georgioupolis on your way to Chania.
Beautiful beaches in the south coast (37 km)
On the South coast you can find some of Crete’s truly amazing natural beaches such as "Plakias", “Schinaria”, “Damnoni”, “Triopetra”, “Agios Pavlos” and "Preveli". The distance to the South coast is about 45 minutes from the villa by car.
Hospital (9 km)
General Hospital of Rethymno.
Pharmacy (900 m)
In Gerani village.
ATM (6.3 km)
In Violi Charaki area.
Argiroupoli village (18km)
A well-known village for the small spring waterfalls and the amount of the great, traditional taverns under the big trees!
Arkadi Monastery (30 km)
One of the most historical places in Crete, well worth to visit it!
Ancient Eleftherna (32.6 km)
Ancient Eleutherna is located at a distance of around 25 km. to the SE of Rethymnon and occupies two long, narrow ridges, called Pyrgi and Nissi. Three streams flow around the foot of the hills and join to the north of them. The urban centre of ancient Eleutherna was always located at Pyrgi. Ruins of Hellenistic walls and buildings, Roman structures and an Early Christian basilica are preserved on the east slope of the hill. On the west slope of the hill, at the site called Orthi Petra (standing stone), lies the cemetery of the Late Geometric and Archaic periods, part of which was covered by the Roman buildings. Remains of a settlement that flourished in the Hellenistic period have been uncovered on the Nissi hill.
Kournas Lake (18.3 km)
Lake Kournas is a lake on the island of Crete, Greece, near the village of Kournas. It is in the Apokoronas municipality of Chania regional unit close to the border with Rethymno regional unit, 47 km from the town of Chania.
Villa Chrissi is located in a quiet area of Gerani village, a big village around 9 km away from the city of Rethymno. The surrounding area is a quiet, natural environment ideal for relaxation but also close to shops, restaurants and various services.
The closest beach to villa Chrissi is Gerani beach (2 km) , a small beach with pebbles. Additionally Episkopi beach is 6 km from the villa and the long sandy beach of Rethymno 10 km from the villa.
We will make suggestions and provide information on local places interest you may wish to visit, such as beaches and sightseeing spots and “out of the box” advice on each one.